Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let them know

Every once in a while, my husband has to travel for work. When he's gone for a few days, I learn a lot about myself. Some good things, some not so good. Here's a partial list:

1. I learn that I can snake a clogged toilet. I will never admit this to him upon his return, but it's good to know that if there is a plumbing emergency in his absence, I can handle it. (I actually did admit this to him the last time he traveled but thankfully when he's home he doesn't expect me to do this.)

2. I realize I don't know how to work the television. First of all, there are three remotes and only one TV. This confuses me. This might explain my recreational time on Facebook when he is away.

3. I can live within my grocery budget. Can you say breakfast for dinner?

4. I learn what actually goes on at my son's football practice. They hit, pass, run, and tackle. No wonder he comes home covered in mud and asking for ibuprofen.

5. I learn how difficult my daughter's math homework is. Enough said.

6. I am afraid of the dark. Why is it that when he's not home, I can't sleep unless there is a light on someplace? When he's home, I can't sleep if there's a light on. Weird, huh?

What I really learn is how much I take the little things for granted. Do you take anyone for granted? Let them know. It's important.

No comments: